Short Term Rental Property Information

The Duck Creek Ridge Owners Association DOES allow members to use their property for short-term rental. However, the Association requires cabin owners to comply with all of the State and County regulations regarding short-term rental business.

Registration with the State of Utah is the first step. The cabin owner, or business entity MUST be registered and obtain a state sales tax ID. Income from cabin rentals must be reported each year with applicable payment of Utah state taxes. For more information, please use the following link:

Second, owners must establish a Utah State Transient room tax ID. Arrangements can be made by contacting the Utah State Tax Commission at (801) 297-7705.

The final step is to obtain a Kane County business license, but steps one and two must be completed first. Contact the Kane County clerk’s office at (435) 644-4906. Compliance with proper short-term rental requirements is serious business. Information from Kane County contains the following notification:
“Please be advised that Kane County has begun and will continue to conduct investigations of properties illegally conducting business as a vacation rental. Illegally operating a vacation rental is a Class C misdemeanor and may result in fines up to $200 per day and under Utah State Law is punishable by up to 90 days in jail.”

To insure that DCROA members are in full compliance, a copy of the most current Kane County Business License must be on file with the DCROA secretary. Please scan a copy of your license and email the copy to Donna Mooers at [email protected].

For owners who wish further discussion about short-term cabin rental, please feel free to contact a DCROA Board Member.